Welcome to the City of Garrett!
Our city offers; safe neighborhoods, great schools, a proactive police & fire department, hardworking city departments, great small and local businesses, and many churches in which to worship.
Our six parks and city pool are favorite places for many families during the warm weather months, as well as our Public Library, Museums, indoor Silver Screen Theatre and the outdoor Auburn-Garrett Drive-in Theatre, Golf Course, Restaurants, Sacred Heart Grotto, and the J.A.M. Recreation Center!
A strong sense on Military Pride is shown through activities sponsored by our local V.F.W. and American Legion. Civic, business, and non-profit groups assist with many local functions and community wide activities. Our historical downtown has beautiful flowers and designs provided by our local garden club.
The Garrett Chamber of Commerce provides resources and networking with our local businesses and community leaders.
Annual Events in our city:
• City Fall-Winter Newsletter Available
• Sunday, October 5th - A Caboose Festival is held at Heritage Park in October celebrating our Railroad History
• Bucket List Series, age 39+
• Halloween Family Movie Night with popcorn and crafts!
• Trick or Treat Downtown from 4 – 5 p.m., Citywide from 5 – 7 p.m.
• Veterans Day Celebration
• Residents are invited to add a family decoration/ornament to our community Christmas Tree next to city hall
• Annual DeKalb County Horseman Association's Christmas Parade of Lights" down town.
• Santa Arrives in town, visit Santa at the Silver Screen Theatre
• Santa Paws event to benefit our city dog park initiative, bring your pawed pets to have pictures taken with Santa!
(events subject to change)
We invite you to “Choose Garrett, A Growing Community”